I refuse to notice the passage of time

Yes, it is July. Yes, I cannot believe that it is already July. But I will ignore my disbelief and know that time passes quickly whether or not we want it to pass quickly. Even when we're staring at the clock, wishing it would speed up, time is still moving quickly.

I will not try to fill my days or hours I will try to fill my moments. Moments being something fluid and unquantifiable; much like time itself. I will tell students to hold poses for lengths of breath and not in seconds. Breath being something fluid and unquantifiable; much like time itself. I will never, ever wear a watch again. I will start being late and early for things and never on time ("On time" is a funny concept. I imagine someone balancing on a pinhead of time and, much like inexperienced balancers, teetering before falling off).

The month has switched and according to calenders we are past mid-year. I refuse this and choose to exist in mid-space, floating.

I refuse to notice the passage of time

A meditation to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, letting the body know it can relax. It's safe. Also, if you note irony in this meditation, it's just your imagination.
  1. Begin in Sukhasana (Easy Pose) or any comfortable seat
  2. Nadi Shodna (Alternate Nostril Breath), 10-15 minutes
  3. Begin to count the length of the inhales and exhales
  4. Slowly, begin to lengthen the duration of your exhales
  5. Taking your time, begin to lengthen the exhales until you reach a 1:2 ratio (for every one count of inhale, two counts of exhale; for example if you inhale for 3 seconds, exhale for 6)
  6. Continue for 5-10 minutes
  7. Take 1-2 minutes to return to normal breath, 1:1 ratio

Popular Posts