House sitting in Wonderland

Chris and I are currently house sitting for David Hirsch (cough, name drop) who lives in a wonderful, beautiful spot surrounded by gardens. The gardens feel prehistoric: wild, tall flowers snaking up garden fences; huge dinosaur kale; bushes that you need to duck under and step over to get to the watering hose. All stunning. The back porch is facing eastward towards the sun and looking over the mountains. I'm feeling really lucky to be there, chilling out with his kitties Nino and Tino.

The real point of this, however, is that he has no internet. To which I am addicted. I'm considering this a two day no internet experiment (yes, I'm that addicted). I am going to pre-write my posts, do my yoga on the porch in the morning sunshine, and let the internet post it on schedule in my absence. We'll see if I go nuts by imagining there is, as Blogasana puts it, a "yoga emergency" that needs my immediate attention.

My guess? Probably not.

I'll let you know how it goes, or if I start checking my email obsessively on my phone (which I can do, just not respond). Addictions are hard to quit, even when you know you feel better without them. Just remembering to breathe.

House sitting in Wonderland

Talking about Blogasana, here's a post she did awhile ago that included a sequence in it. Honestly, I've been so crazy I haven't gotten around to trying it yet (sorry!), but now that I'm taking my no internet break, maybe it's the perfect practice to do. It's for the kidneys, the organ of detox. Perfect, indeed!

Popular Posts