Yoga Soundtrack Week

Today kicks off Yoga Soundtrack week, in which I attempt (cough) to put a soundtrack to each sequence. As mentioned earlier, this is practice before a try out/interview I have later this week to teach at Cornell. Who knows, I may end up using no music at all, but gotta try it out before I knock it.

So, here it goes, first attempt. Most of the songs for this one are very much nontraditional picks. Let me know what you think!

Yoga Soundtrack Week

Begin in silence to notice the breath. If there is any music, have it be very quiet, and without lyrics.

Amelie Theme: 
Seated Sun Breaths
Seated Sun Breath twists

Feist- 1234: 
Sun Salutations for song duration 

U2- One:
Vrkasana (Tree Pose)
Natarjasana (Dancer's Pose)
Virabhadrasana III (Warrior III)
Repeat on other side

Waterboys- This is the Sea and Seu Jorge- Life on Mars (cover):
Virabhadrasana I
Parivrtta Virabhadrasana I (Revolved Warrior I)
Virabhadrasana I
Virabhadrasana II
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose) 
Prasarita Padotanasana (Wide Leg Forward Fold)
Repeat above on other side

Cat Power- Free: 
Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose). Take time to come into pose. 
Urdhva Dhanurasana (Upward Bow). Repeat 3x

Virgin Suicides Theme:
Supta Matsyendasana (Reclined Twist). Repeat other side
Any final reclined poses

Savasana with May the Longtime Sun performed by Snatum Kaur

Popular Posts