Moving Meditation's Yoga Playlist

Last week, when I mentioned yoga playlist week and asked for other's recommendations and experiences, I got one heck of a response from Tiffany over at the Moving Meditation blog.  Fearing that others may not read the comments field with quite as much interest as I do, I'm reprinting it almost in its entirety. Consider it a guest post.


To see yet another brilliant playlist, here's a link to a post on her blog. 


Moving Meditation's Yoga Playlist

If you don't have time to listen to a variety of songs and incorporate them into a playlist, a CD that you could likely just play straight through is Donna De Lory's new one called Sanctuary. I attended a class in Flagstaff over Christmas during which the instructor played that CD somewhat softly, and it worked well for her class (it was a fairly slow-paced vinyasa class). 

In the event you want more variety and have time to sift through some songs, I'll share one of my own favorite playlists. I've received a lot of great feedback from students about it, and I think it works very well for my purposes. I teach level one power/vinyasa yoga, and I teach a set sequence, so I prepare my playlists to match that sequence. Here it is!

FOR THE 30 MINUTES BEFORE CLASS STARTS:
See You in the Light, by Michael Franti and Spearhead
Keepsake, by State Radio
Om Namah Shivaya, by Wade Imre Morissette
Your Rocky Spine, by Great Lake Swimmers
What I've Seen, by Michael Franti and Spearhead
Om Narayana, by Wade Imre Morissette
Man O' War, by Eric Bachmann

START OF CLASS (INTEGRATION SERIES):
The Nomad, by Niraj Chag

SUN A:
Sightlines, by Rogue Wave
I Know I'm Not Alone, by Michael Franti And Spearhead

SUN B:
Time of Your Song, by Matisyahu
Islands, by The xx

CORE WORK (FAST SONG):
One Tribe, by Black Eyed Peas

CRESCENT LUNGE SERIES & BALANCING SERIES:
Right Me Up, by State Radio
Ain't No Reason, by Brett Dennen
Golden, by My Morning Jacket
More Than Life, by Whitley
I Go to the Barn Because I Like the, by Band of Horses

TRIANGLE SERIES:
Bottles & Bones, by Califone
Skinny Love, by Bon Iver

SURRENDER SERIES; FINAL SAVASANA; POST-CLASS:
Makambo, by Geoffrey Oryema
In the Sun, by Joseph Arthur
Imagine+One, by Xiren (John Lennon & U2, a fusion)
Om Namah Shivaya, by Wade Imre Morissette

Popular Posts