Redesign

Seeing as I started up a regular class schedule again, I put a couple of tabs on this page for class schedule and "about me." In general, though, I'm starting to get a bit twitchy over this all white and clean motif, and I am thinking about sprucing up the site a bit. Suggestions from wise bloginis are very very much appreciated, as I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

In other news, on my bike ride home today I "saw" a hit and run car accident. I say "saw" because I actually had just passed by the cars when I heard it right behind me. I turned around as the at fault car drove away. Being the type who lives for excitement, I sped off in the direction the car went to try and get its liscense plate number. Before I could get too far, a young guy walking on the sidewalk kind of low talks me.

"Hey. You looking for the liscense plate number?"

 I tell him, yes. What follows is a top ten sketchy incident in which he walks slightly ahead of me, refuses to look at me, and talks super-fast under his breath to say the number. When I ask him to repeat it, he at first doesn't. When I ask again, he's does it, but, again, low talk and really fast.

What, was the hit and runner some sort of gang kingpin?

Anyway, I bike back to the car, tell the poor, shaken up lady driving the hit car the liscense number. Then we do a wee bit of pranayam (true) until the police come. And home I go.

Redesign

If I were to go back to the lady who was just in a really bum situation, this is the sequence I would give her. Restorative, and lots of calm breathing. It probably wouldn't be a bad sequence for the hit-and-runners either. Teach them to slow down a bit. 

Also, as with most restorative sequences, go heavy on the bolsters, blankets, and props in general. Let the pose be steady and sweet. 
  1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. Nadi Shodna Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing). 5-15 minutes
  3. Baddha Konasana (Cobbler's Pose). Hold for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Gomukhasana (Face of Light Pose) with arms resting in a comfortable place. Hold for 2 minutes on each side.
  5. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend Pose). Hold for 2-3 minutes. (Note: avoid or be careful is you have sciatica or chronic lower back issues)
  6. Supta Kapotanasana (Reclined Pigeon). Repeat other side. 2-3 minutes each side
  7. Supta Matsyendrasana (Reclined Twist Pose). Hold for 2-3 minutes each side.
  8. Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose). Hold for 2 minutes.
  9. Viparita Karani (Legs up the Wall Pose). Hold for 5-10 minutes.
  10. Savasana (Corpse Pose). Hold for twice your usual length.
  11. Returning to seated, Anulom Vilom (Alternate Nostril with Breath Retention). 5-15 minutes

Popular Posts