Thanks, Universe. I hear you.

After yesterday's post, it would make sense that the day wouldn't end without an emergency room visit. What better swift kick-in-the-ass reminder?

I get a call from Moosewood, but miss it before I can answer it. I call right back and ask to talk to Chris. The person who I get on the line says, "Oh, yeah, he cut himself." And then puts me on hold. Nice.

1-2 freaking out minutes later, Chris gets on the line. Let's me know the sitch, I come pick him up, we go to hospital, and he walks out with 4 stitches. Unexpected-ness, but he is well and I am well. In fact, he's currently working as we speak. My trooper.

Thanks, Universe.

In honor of ripped up fingers, here's a sequence that doesn't require use of the hands or any pressure on them.

  1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. Nadi Shodna Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breath)
  3. Sun breaths in Easy Pose
  4. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
  5. Sun Breaths in Mountain 
  6. Goal post arms in Mountain, exhale "Ha!" to twist, twisting side to side (Hara breath). 1 minute.
  7. Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
  8. Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II)
  9. Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
  10. Virabhadrasana III (Warrior III)
  11. Tadasana
  12. Repeat steps 7-11
  13. Prasarita Padottanasana (Standing Wide Angle Forward Fold). Hold for 1-3 minutes
  14. Come up slowly
  15. Tadasana
  16. Kripalu Ardha Chandrasana (Kripalu Standing Half Moon). Repeat other side
  17. Urdhva Hastasana (Upward Arm Pose)
  18. Tadasana
  19. Savasana

Popular Posts