Naked Prasarita Padottanasana

Every once and awhile I check in with Google Analytics to check out the interesting search terms that brought people my way. This past week, I saw the most interesting yet:

Naked Prasarita Padottanasana.

I couldn't help but think of the Naked Juice drink (which I think is owned by Coke or Pepsi or one of those megaliths). It's like... "Mmmm! Tasty Naked Asana!" My goodness, that sounds messy. Anyway, couldn't help but wonder what that person was really looking for out there. A picture? A description of the tush in that pose? Who knows. Actually, maybe you're out there, reading right now... in which case, do you know?

I know that my blog came up because of a joke-y piece I wrote awhile back on Yoga poses that are awkward to do naked. Still, it makes a girl wonder.

For the bloggers out there, what's the oddest search query you've seen?

Naked Prasarita Padottanasana

Well, for a search like that, of course I'll do a sequence with some (clothed) Prasarita Padottanasanas (Stand Wide Legged Forward Bend). How could I not?

  1. Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
  2. Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose). Come into this pose very gently, no pressure on the head or neck
  3. Come back to seat
  4. Take hand to opposite knee in seated twist
  5. Repeat other direction
  6. Table
  7. Cat/cow in table
  8. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
  9. Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
  10. Garundasana (Eagle Pose)
  11. Virabhadrasana III (Warrior III)
  12. Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
  13. Vinyasa to repeat steps 8-12 on other side
  14. Repeat steps 8-13 again, as many times until warm
  15. Prasarita Padottanasana (Standing Forward Fold)
  16. Come into 3 different variations of Prasarita Padottanasana: Hands interlocked behind back, hands around shins or toe-locked, hands in between feet
  17. Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana (Revolved Standing Forward Fold) taking one hand to the floor, other up to the sky. Repeat other side.
  18. Utthita Tadasana (Five Pointed Star)
  19. Garundasana. Repeat other side.
  20. Adho Mukha Svanasana
  21. Come down to seated
  22. Gomukhasana (Face of Light Pose). Repeat other side.
  23. Urdhva Prasarita Padasana (Upward Extended Feet Pose), lift and lower legs
  24. Matsyendrasana (Seated Twist). Repeat other side
  25. Savasana

Popular Posts