This is me not in a Wisconsin snow storm

This is me not in a Wisconsin snow storm. It's been on NPR about how Wisconsin is getting dumped on, along with many other parts of the country. Last night, I found myself complaining about temperatures in the 40s.


Am I getting soft so quickly?


Maybe. The body adjusts to its current circumstances and then responds accordingly. Gradual changes in temperature make it easier to exist in a place such as Wisconsin, which is maybe how I did it for so long. In the relative warmth of the deep South, I don't know how I did it for so long. 


This, then, is for my up North loves. Keep warm, my friends and family. And I'll keep on eating those boiled peanuts in your honor.


This is me not in a Wisconsin snow storm


Wherever you are, be glad to be where you are. Om shanti, shanti, shanti.
  1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. Fold forward over right knee
  3. Fold forward over left knee
  4. Fold directly forward over crossed legs
  5. Take hands behind hips, gently open chest
  6. Take one hand to opposite knee, other hand above head for side stretch. Repeat other side
  7. Change cross of legs
  8. Take one hand to opposite knee, other knee behind sacrum for gentle twist. Repeat other side
  9. Fold forward over crossed legs
  10. Parighasana (Gate Pose)
  11. Table pose
  12. Cat/cow in table pose
  13. Parighasana, other side
  14. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
  15. Bend and straighten alternate knees
  16. Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward Facing Dog Pose)
  17. Garbasana (Child's Pose)
  18. Ustrasana with one arm on heel, one in arm (One Armed Camel Pose). Repeat other side
  19. Ustrasana
  20. Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose)
  21. Come forward onto stomach
  22. Take opposite arm to opposite leg for Bow Pose variation. Repeat other side
  23. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
  24. Opposite arm and leg Locust Pose variation
  25. Salabasana (Locust Pose)
  26. Garbasana
  27. Walk hands in front of you to one side. Repeat other side
  28. Roll onto back
  29. Taking hands under knees and crossing legs at ankles, back rolls
  30. Supta Matsyendrasana (Reclined Twist). Repeat other side
  31. Savasana

Popular Posts