Finger Lakes Yoga Festival

This weekend I'll be teaching at the Finger Lakes Yoga Festival in Cortland, NY. Much like the Toronto Yoga Fest coming up, this gathering keeps it on the 100 mile (or way less) diet. This is its first year and I'm looking forward to participating as a teacher and student. 

The event goes from Friday through Sunday. If you're in the area, I would love to see you there! As far as I know, there are still tickets available for every day of the FLYF. I'll be teaching a gentle, restorative class. I figure that four-five yoga classes a day can be a bit much, and I wanted to put something highly chilled out in the mix. After my class, I'll hang out the rest of the day, check out a few classes and hang out at the resort. I'll let you know how it went!

                                                                    Finger Lakes Yoga Festival

This is a terrifically rough sketch of sequence I may teach.
  1. Begin lying on back
  2. Imagine that you are in a king size bed, overflowing with blankets and pillows. Roll around in the bed, make morning noises, and stretching every which way. Take up space!
  3. Gentle reclined twist. Repeat other direction.
  4. Hug both knees into chest
  5. Roll onto stomach
  6. Half-lizard pose. Repeat on other side
  7. Child's pose. Hold for 2-3 minutes
  8. Seated Heroes Pose
  9. Nadi Shodna pranayama 5-10 minutes
  10. Gomukhasana (Face of Light). Repeat on other side
  11. Reclined Half Pigeon
  12. Seated Wide Angle
  13. Reclined Half Pigeon
  14. Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle)
  15. Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle)
  16. Hold Supta Baddha Konasana or come into a traditional Savasana

Popular Posts