From the "we all do things differently" department


We all do things differently

A while back, there was an interesting article in Yoga Journal (usually not a fan) about all of the variations in different styles in Warrior I. Frankly, I can't find a link to it, but if anyone remembers it, let me know the month and I'll update with a link. Basically, every style did things a little bit or a whole lot bit differently. And it's that way with so many poses. There's always going to be somebody who says, "This doesn't work for me, but this other way does." So, a new variation is born. I'm only recently feeling comfortable enough with my practice to know what does and doesn't work for me and, well, doing things a little bit differently. For the dozens of yoga "styles" out there, in our own bodies we create new ones every day. So, today, a shorter sequence; take your time, though, in each pose. Create your own style. Do things differently. 
  1.  Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
  3. Matsyendrasana (Seated Twist). Repeat other direction
  4. Uttanasana (Forward Fold)
  5. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
  6. Parsva Tadasana (Arms above head, coming out to the side). Repeat other direction
  7. Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I) 
  8. Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II)
  9. Utthita Tadasana (Five Pointed Star)
  10. Repeat steps 7-9 other side
  11. Dandasana (Staff Pose)
  12. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Fold)
  13. Savasana 
(especially in Savasana... try something different. What else is out there?)



Popular Posts