Ithacan Yogini Confluence

I am sometimes am in awe of the crazy yogini blogini coincidences. A few of my favs all writing on the same topic, inadvertently; major life events occurring simultaneously; and, oh yeah, a former Ithacan reading my blog just as I was looking for advice on my slacker studio owner.

That last one? Just happened this week and I'm still reeling from the coinkidink of it all. This lovely being not only read the blog just as I was in "AH! WTF!" mode and needing advice, she knew immediately who/what/where I was talking about and was able to give me direct insight into the situation, having known the studio owner and had a (minor) business relationship with her. Can I just say: incredibly helpful.

I had initially gone to her blog, called The Happy Blog, and commented. It was impossible to go to that site, spend more than two minutes, and not leave smiling (especially the "Tickling Slow Loris," which made me giggle alone in my kitchen for a good while). Now, having talked, and acquiring about four or five more truly outstanding coincidences under our belt, I will be a guest contributor on the beautiful and joyful Yoga Studio Decor site/blog.  To read my first guest post: Check-it. 

Ithacan Yogini Confluence

Any favorite coincidences, or any that have happened recently? I know when Mercury is in retrograde, stuff breaks (so Chris tells me). What kind of astrological happens make coincidences occur? And aren't they fun?

  1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. Dirgha Pranayama (Three Part Breath)
  3. Ujaayi Pranayama (Ocean Sounding Breath)
  4. Layer Dirgha and Ujaayi breath
  5. Tadasana (Mountain Pose). Inhale arms up above head
  6. Surya Namaskar repeat 12x (alternating sides)
  7. Tadasana
  8. Natarajasana (Dancer’s Pose), opening the heart forward and up
  9. Puvana Muktasana (Standing Wind Relieving Pose)
  10. Tadasana
  11. Repeat steps 7-10 on other side
  12. Uttanasana (Forward Fold)
  13. Step back to low lunge
  14. Anjaneasana (Crescent Pose)
  15. Sun Breaths in Crescent lunge
  16. Vinyasa to repeat steps 12-15 on other side
  17. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
  18. Navasana (Boat Pose)
  19. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
  20. Salabasana (Locust Pose)
  21. Garbasana (Child’s Pose)
  22. Come down onto back
  23. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
  24. Urdhva Dhanurasana (Upward Bow Pose or Wheel Pose). Use this pose as a tremendous heart opener.
  25. Repeat Bridge or Upward Bow
  26.  Supta Matsyendrasana (Supine Twist). Repeat on other side
  27. Savasana



Popular Posts