Best New York Times XWord Day EVER (Happy Mother's Day!)

Part of my Sunday ritual, for awhile back, has been a lazy Sunday. Reading the entire Sunday New York Times used to be a part of my day, but I had nothing at all to do at the time (it would take me the entire day). These days, I'm content to do the New York Times Sunday Crossword.

This Sunday, however, easily topped it out for Best New York Times Crossword Ever.

The reason? Check out 1 Across. The answer is my teeny, tiny home town in New York! This, note, is the town I was raised in by my momma and poppa, not the current town of Ithaca.

What better way to celebrate Mother's Day than to celebrate the town I was raised in?

Really, though, this is how I celebrated Mother's Day: I got a ride to a place where my entire family was meeting for an early Mother's Day yesterday and surprised my sweet momma. A huge plus in moving somewhat nearer to my family than Wisconsin. (OK, the ride was 6 hours, but, damn, it was worth it and a lot of fun to see the whole family... doing Mother's Day right!).

In honor of Mother's Day, here's a sequence that my mom gave me. Thank you Mom, I love you!




(As a funny side note, this photo came in an email to me from my dad entitled "We're all about fun")






Happy Mother's Day
Start out the class with a metta, loving kindness meditation. Send out love, hope, and strength to a mother-figure in your life. If that isn't a person, send it out to Earth Mama (the mama of all mamas). 
  1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. 5-10 minutes of Pranayama of choise
  3. Shoulder rolls
  4. Trace lines with your hands on the floor, letting arms sway side to side
  5. Garundasana (Eagle Pose) arms. Repeat other side
  6. Table
  7. Cat/Cow in table
  8. Balance in table extending opposite arm and leg. Repeat other side
  9. Thread the needle, taking one arm under other to twist. Repeat other side
  10. Utthita Shisonasana (Puppy Pose)
  11. Make way slowly onto back
  12. Supta Balasana (Happy Baby)
  13. Taking hands to knees, draw circles with the knees. Change directions of circles. 
  14. Taking knees together, draw knees from side to side, using core stregth to move legs
  15. Supta Matsyendrasana (Reclined Twist). Repeat other side
  16. Supta Puvana Muktasana (Reclined Wind Relieving Pose)
  17. Lift head to knee, engage core. Release
  18. Repeat steps 16 and 17 other side
  19. Dandasana (Staff Pose)
  20. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Fold)
  21. Come to standing
  22. Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
  23. Garundasana (Eagle Pose)
  24. Virabhadrasana III (Warrior III Pose)
  25. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
  26. Repeat steps 22-26 on other side
  27. Come back down onto stomach
  28. Ardha Navasana (Half Boat Pose). Repeat other side
  29. Navasana (Boat Pose)
  30. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
  31. Release, gently rock lower back
  32. Supta Kapotasana (Reclined Pigeon). Repeat other side
  33. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
  34. Savasana

Popular Posts