Bible Bump/Yoga for the Wrists

The power of yoga can help us heal ourselves and our bodies, yes? Right? So, I'll venture that it was my steady yoga practice, documented here, that helped me to heal my ganglion cyst in record time. Without trying to jinx it, it'll all better!

OK. Really though, without getting gross here for people that definitely didn't sign on for that, I didn't exactly "heal myself," per se. I'll just go so far to say that, for those who are A+ for the gross-out factor, check out the Wikipedia article I linked to and read the last sentence of the first paragraph. That's how I "healed" myself.

Yeah, I'm that hard-core.

Bible Bump/Yoga for Wrists

Anyway, now that I'm typing again, here's a wrist sequence. It's not long, but it's a great anti-carpal tunnel series. I don't know any sequences for ganglion cysts, and when I look online, I find a good number of total crack-pot websites. It might just be that the sequence for ganglion cysts would simply preclude all usage of the wrists in poses. Not as fun, but when you have them, you really just have to give the wrists a break.
  1. Begin practice in table pose
  2. Cat/cow in table
  3. Lift one finger at a time. Notice which lift easily, which are difficult to lift
  4. Take hands palms upwards, fingertips facing towards you (thumbs on inside)
  5. Try to make fists with hands. Make fist and release. Repeat 6-12x
  6. Come up to seated, roll out wrists
  7. Take hands palms upwards, fingertips facing towards each other (wrists outwards). Try to keep arms straight, but not locked
  8. Try to make fists with hands. Make fist and release. Repeat 6-12x
  9. Come up to seated, roll out wrists  
  10. Finally, take hands palms upwards, fingertips pointing away from each other (wrists inwards)
  11. Try to make fists with hands. Make fist and release. Repeat 6-12x
  12. Come up to seated, roll out wrists 
This can be an intense sequence for those with wrist sensitivity. Be gentle!
  1.  

Popular Posts