Still feeling low-key



Lightly falling snow and early darkness, really my first of this pairing this season, is leaving me feeling in the mood for a gentle, more inward practice. The phrase I use for it is "mushy." As in: "Mmm... my bed is so warm and Chicago is so cold. I think I'll stay in and be mushy." I may have mocked it in the past, but if anyone has a good sequence for Yoga in Bed, please let me know. I think I may be interested...

Also, a shameless not-yoga-related plug. For months I have been thinking about an organic bakery in Chicago called Bleeding Heart Bakery. If you ever are in the Chicago area, just go. Don't even think about it. Your life will be infinitely betterized. As a plus, there's also a yoga place, whose name I also may have mocked in the past, called "Self Centered Yoga" down the street. I really just need to go there while I'm here, so I can feel better about the silly, silly name. 

In the meantime, I'm going to go roll around on the floor some more. 

Still feeling low-key

If you're feeling like giving into low key feelings might just create sluggishness, as opposed to more energy, for other parts of your day, rock on with one of the more energetic sequences. Kapalabhati (Skull Shining Breath) is good, for example, for raising energy levels to help finish up any last minute holidays items. Katherine's sequence yesterday, for example, is a darn good one for this. So, self check with what you need to make your day, and go with it. 
  1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. Nadi Shodna Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
  3. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Fold)
  4. Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle)
  5. Forward fold in Bound Angle
  6. Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) Note: use lots of bolsters in necessary, as with all poses
  7. Garbasana (Child's Pose). Hold for 5-10 breaths
  8. Utthita Shisonasana (Extended Puppy Pose)
  9. Walk arms towards right for side stretch. Repeat on left.
  10. Table
  11. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
  12. Jog legs to warm up
  13. Lift one leg, bend at knee. Draw circles with knee to warm up hips.
  14. Repeat other side
  15. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
  16. Utthita Vayu Muktyasnana (Standing Wind Relieving Pose), repeat other side
  17. Tadasana
  18. Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
  19. Virabhadrasana III (Warrior III)
  20. Garundasana (Eagle Pose)
  21. Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
  22. Repeat 17-21 other side
  23. Tadasana
  24. Adho Mukha Svanasana
  25. Supta Kapotanasana (Reclined Pigeon Pose)
  26. Repeat steps 24 and 25 other side
  27. Tarasana (Star Pose)
  28. Gentle twists in Star Pose to both sides
  29. Hamstring stretches on back
  30. Supta Matsyendrasana (Reclined Twist). Repeat other side
  31. Savasana

Popular Posts