glad to be back - new weekly guest post!

Hi yogis and yoginis. I am so honored to be bringing a weekly post to the Joy of Yoga! Tuesday's the day! Allow me to re-introduce myself.....after so much fun with my guest post last week I expressed to Emma that I would be totally into a weekly post and she was into it as well so....let me tell you a bit about my movement world and why yoga is my passion.

I have been a dancer since the tender age of ten and am a movement lover. I became a certified yoga instructor through Holy Cow Yoga post college in 2003 and have been on a journey of learning as much as I can about the human body ever since! My hubby calls me a certification junkie and I guess I really am - there's just no end to learning. I went from teaching a lot of yoga to getting two Comprehensive Pilates Certifications and am now feeling the journey come full circle and in my teaching have come back to instructing yoga. My Pilates training has deepened my yoga practice. You can check out my other training here. Some of my favorites include Sadhana Chi Yoga with Doug Swenson and Yoga for Seniors at Duke Integrative Medicine.

I currently have a small studio in Asheville, NC where I do a combo of Pilates/Yoga therapy with my clients. I will also begin teaching 2 weekly classes at Lighten Up Yoga in January. I try my best to live a mindful life and you can find those and other yoga musings here. I hope you check in every Tuesday as I reflect on my most inspired practice of the week.

  1. Supported Matsyasana (supported fish pose - use 2 blocks. Bring one horizontal and underneath your scapula. Bring the other to the tallest position and allow it to support your head. Breathe here and feel the chest opening)
  2. Supported Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (supported bridge pose - block underneath the sacrum to support the pelvis)
  3. Ananda Balasana (happy baby)
  4. Agnistaambhasana (fire log pose)
  5. Dandasana (staff pose)
  6. Ardha Matsyendrasana (half spinal twist)
  7. Bharadvajasana I (seated twist - see here for details.)
  8. Gomukhasana (Cow's Face pose)
  9. Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward dog)
  10. forward high lunge -> Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I) on right
  11. Adho Mukha Svanasana ( down dog)
  12. forward high lunge of left -> Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I) on left
  13. Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward facing dog)
  14. Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (pigeon on right)
  15. Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward dog)
  16. Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (pigeon on left)
  17. Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward dog) -> plank shifts front to back with breathe 8-10 times.
  18. Ardha Salabasana (1/2 locust)
  19. Bujangasana (cobra)
  20. Balasana (child’s pose with strap slightly above the elbows) Keep arms reaching forward and elbows lifted. Work on spreading the inner shoulder blades to the outer shoulder blades and creating space in the shoulders and neck.
  21. Dolphin
  22. Sirsasana (headstand)
  23. Salamba Sarvangasana (shoulder stand)
  24. Halasana (plow)
  25. yummy, yummy 10 minute Savasana!

Popular Posts