Biking in Carr-boro

Today I spent the day in Carrboro/Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Chris and I brought our bikes on this trip, as we are likely to bike around the city we end up living in. With all the biking, I didn't actually get a chance to get to a yoga class, but I did manage to check out all of the Carrboro and Chapel Hill studios. There aren't many (only three), but the ones there are have lots of offerings, beautiful hardwood floors, and sunlight galore. Dangerously nice gift shops, too. Tomorrow I'll get a practice in, or at least that's my intention. 

Today's practice is an oldie from the books. Let's just pretend I actually practiced it today... 

Biking in Carr-boro
  1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee Pose)
  3. Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana (Revolved Head to Knee Pose)
  4. Upavistha Konasana (Seated Wide Angle)
  5. Repeat steps 2-5 on other side
  6. Wide-legged Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
  7. Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide Legged Forward Fold Pose)
  8. Parsvottanasana (Intense Stretch Pose)
  9. Low runner's stretch
  10. Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
  11. Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II)
  12. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
  13. Utthita Tadasana (Five Pointed Star)
  14. Repeat steps 7-13 on the other side
  15. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
  16. Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
  17. Virabhadrasana III (Warrior III)
  18. Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana (Standing Splits)
  19. Low Runner's Stretch
  20. Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
  21. Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II)
  22. Repeat steps 15-21 on other side
  23. Tadasana 
  24. Upavistha Konasana (Seated Wide Legged Foward Fold)
  25. Gentle torso twist over wide legs, both directions
  26. Urdhva Dhanurasana, gently coming up by placing one hand behind your sitz bones and bending knees (so feet can be flat on floor), only using one arm as you slightly straighten legs to bring sitz bones off of floor (Upward Bow)
  27. Repeat steps 25 and 26, other arm
  28. Tarasana (Star Pose)
  29. Supta Matsyendrasana (Reclined Twist). Repeat other side
  30. Savasana

Popular Posts