Power Flow Sequence

Really great class tonight with Tory over at BlackBird. I had just been in the car coming back from my folks after the birthday festivities (lovely, I might add) and my back hurt, my ass hurt, my hips hurt... a whole lotta hurt. The second I got home, I didn't even unpack, I just hopped on my bike and went to class. I needed it! I don't remember the whole sequence, nor do I have the wherewithal to write it all down at this moment, but here are some parts I liked:

  1. Dolphin
  2. Forearm plank
  3. Move between steps 1 and 2
  4. Child's Pose
  5. 5 Sun As
  6. Hold inversion of choice (mine was headstand) for 2 minutes
  7. Sun Bs with arm variations
  8. Upward Boat 
  9. Tolasana (Scales pose)
  10. Repeat 8 +9 3x, rolling along spine in between
  11. Vinyasa to Warrior I
  12. Warrior II
  13. Reverse Warrior
  14. Extended Side Angle
  15. Bird of Paradise
  16. Repeat steps 11-15 on other side
  17. Repeat steps 11-12
  18. Triangle
  19. Standing wide leg forward fold
  20. Goddess with torso twists
  21. Pyramid Pose
  22. Vinyasa to repeat steps 17-21
There was a pretty traditional cool down  of shoulder-stand, plow, deaf man pose, fish, and spinal twists. It was exactly what I needed. Take that, 11 hours in a car! Hi-ya!

Popular Posts