King Arthur's Pose

When I woke up this morning, I was planning on writing one post. Then I heard about King Arthur's Pose and plans changed. Can't even remember what that first post was going to be about.

Maria Cristina posted a sequence today that included what she calls Dying Warrior, AKA King Arthur's Pose. I had never heard of it before and looked it up. Turns out, it's one of those poses that looks so good that I immediately jump away from the computer and try it out. It's de-freaking-licious. I was the opposite of warmed up, so I imagine it feels much better after practicing for a bit, and it was still *so good.* These hip flexors love a deeper lunge and stretch and this is all that and a bowl of ice cream.

So for today, two sequences with this most lovely of poses. There's Maria Cristina's and also this Yoga Journal video sequence. If you don't like it, well, at least you tried something new. And there's only good in that!

late edit: The pose comes in at about 6:30 on the YJ video, for those who just want to see an image of the pose, and move on. 

Popular Posts