Martha Stewart and Yoga

Check out Martha's article on Mood Boosting Yoga and Breathing Postures. I like how the sequence is mostly heart openers and poses to help oxygenate the brain. But really, um, which pose is a mood depressing pose? Even "relaxing" and "introspective" poses make me feel better and create more energy in my life, in the long run.

That being said, I could use a bit of a mood boost right now. My fasting yesterday went better than expected (I made it!). However-- being hungry causes a lot of tension for me. A lot. Probably as a result, I came down with a nasty sore throat last night (which is my de facto illness... if I get sick, it's a sore throat). So, while I think Martha's sequence is very nice (I especially like the breathing exercises in the beginning), I'll probably do some rolling around on the floor with a bouncy ball to use on pressure points. Glad to see Martha getting into the yoga market, though. You go, lady!

Popular Posts