Yoga that Looks like Break-dancing

Okay, first let's lay down the law: yoga is not about looking cool. Now, that being said, there are some poses that look pretty cool. My friend Lucinda, in her bluntest fashion, once asked me what the coolest looking pose I could do was. After demonstrating, she exclaimed "You look like a break-dancer!"

Now, my friend Lucinda is a wonderful, brilliant lady. I, however, do not looking anything like a break-dancer. This guy looks like a break-dancer.



 Yoga that Looks like Break-dancing

Going through his magnificent moves, I saw some things that definitely looked like yoga poses. It's funny how yoga can sneak into everything, yes? This sequence comprises the poses I saw my Gumby-like friend wiggle into, with some transitions in between.  Any poses you find yourself in, and then think, man, I must look like a break-dancer?

  1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
  2. Plank pose
  3. One legged plank
  4. Lower in one legged Chaturanga Dandasana (Four Limbed Staff Pose)
  5. One legged Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
  6. Adho Mukha Svanasana
  7. Repeat steps 1-6 on other side
  8. Jump through feet to outside of hands
  9. Bhujapidasana prep (Elbow Pressure Pose)
  10. Bhujapidasana
  11. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose). Lift and lower hips until coming up to full expression of Bridge
  12. Supta Virasana (Reclined Heroes Pose)
  13. Virasana (Heroes Pose)
  14. Sarasangasana (Rabbit's Pose)
  15. Matsyendrasana (Seated Twist). Repeat other side
  16. Savasana

Popular Posts