Yoga Birthday Presents Part Two: Glorious Gear and Where to Get it

I know the term is originally about car fanatics, but I call myself a gear-head. Whether it’s for biking across the windiest part of Canada (damn you, north of Lake Erie!), climbing until my hands have new fingerprints, or (obviously) doing yoga to achieve new states of bliss, I love love love my gear.
Now-- don't get me wrong-- I'm all about non-attachment. I don't need a ton of stuff. So, when I do go ahead and buy something, I rather go with quality and a brand my friends and activity partners have been raving about. The first Yoga Birthday post was about a yoga mat . It has a lifetime warranty and is just what I needed. The studio where I work, Mighty Yoga, is a retailer of Prana and Manduka yoga mats and towels. Manduka also has a lifetime warranty on their mats and Prana is definitely the best no-slip mat, hands down (yoga pun!). Also Prana makes pretty clothes. Just saying.
For people that live in Ithaca, NY (hey guys!) Mighty is a great place for yoga gear. For climbing and biking, I like visiting the Old Goat Gear Exchange, which sells a lot of used gear as well as discontinued products. For everyone that doesn't live in Ithaca, NY (oh, hello there! Are you out there?), I really like The Clymb website. They have all of the brands I like for biking, climbing, and yoga, but at discounts of up to 70% of retail. I mean, if I can have quality AND actually afford it... yeah, I'm pretty happy.
So, just in case you forgot to get me a birthday present (cough, cough) let me include a few links to some things I especially love, know will last me forever, and will help me achieve enlightenment (because looking fly helps you achieve enlightenment, in case you were wondering). Ta-dah!
Manduka Cotton Yoga Strap will really help with some of the deeper stretches and is made from natural unbleached cotton.
Soybu Women’s New Harmony Hoody is light weight, breathable and is just the thing for after a sweaty workout. Also, tots adorbs.
Prana Women’s Denisa Jacket is a light weight, wrinkle resistant and quick drying and is just the thing to stuff into a yoga bag for when you need extra layers on the way home after a workout.
So, do I need to wait until my birthday next year, or do you owe me a present or something? :)



Popular Posts