Yoga MixTape

Minor confession: I'm a little too young to have ever made a mix tape. True, I used to buy tapes (for example: The Lion King soundtrack, Janet Jackson, TLC), but my mix tapes were actually mix CDs created with the aid of Napster. Now I make my yoga class mixes on Apple products and change it up whenever I get a chance. Here are 10 songs I've been loving for yoga classes recently (with gratitude to Z for about half of them):

1. Garth Stevenson-- all of his songs on Flying. If you don't own this album, you need it. It kicks the living daylights out of any chanting CD as "good" yoga music.
2. Intro, The xx/xx
3. Shelter, The xx/xx
4. Colorblind, Natalie Walker
5. Where the Light Gets In, Sennen
6. Finally Moving, Pretty Lights
7. Bolo Ram, Wah! (the longer version)
8. My Body is a Cage, Peter Gabriel 
9. Blue Turning Grey, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
10. I Love NYE, Badly Drawn Boy

This is in no particular order, so don't go trying to put them in this order for a class. It would be pretty awful, just like the time I decided to play an entire Black Keys album. Not recommended.

Popular Posts