Back. Sort of.

January 8, the last day of the Vipassana meditation (I wouldn't go anywhere near calling it a "retreat", it's really quite the opposite), was almost two weeks ago. I still feel shell-shocked from it. I had read about it before going and talked to friends about their experience. I now very much regret doing so as it definitively colored how I expected my own experience to go. Here, then, I'll say I survived (so far), I know how to sit still (even if my head feels like it's floating off of my shoulders), and if you have questions ask me in a private email (thejoyofyogabook at gmail dot com). Assuming that some readers are also considering going for the first time, I won't say anything more. 

I am tardy with a few posts I would like to write. I started teaching again this week and it feels very different. It's much easier to talk less, to avoid filling quiet space with words, words, words. There is a time and a place for words in a yoga class and that time and place is not always. Still feeling not well, in poor health in many ways, but over-the-top, outrageously happy to be living. I read this poem and get weepy. Doing chores is amazing. Going to work is a deliriously blessing. And, on top of it all, I've gotten some shwag in the mail that I actually really dig, and need to do a little corporate and mom-and-pop business shout-out. I've also gotten some whack shwag, but I don't see the need to go blasting about my unfavorable opinion about said shwag. I will say this, though:

My guess, and I could be wrong, is that most yoga teachers don't want "nutritional" supplements or products that don't have a single ingredient I can pronounce or have ever heard of. I don't want my food and drink to taste like science. 

Finally-- seems like many in my life are going through some serious "dark nights of the soul," as one friend calls it. Light attracts light, and I could use some light. What is going so beautifully well for you? How is everything just awesome? More poetically put then those lines, would be much obliged.

Love

Popular Posts