Things I Love: Sports Bras, Book Openings, and Moving-- oh my!

As you might have been able to tell from my last post, August has been a beautifully insane month. In addition to the love-fest that has been my life, I'm also moving house and, of course, celebrating the release of my book!

If you're around in Ithaca, NY, there is a book release party planned at Buffalo Street Books on Thursday, August 21st from 6-7pm. I hope you can make it! Even if you're not free from 6-7pm specifically, we will be moving the party to The Westy afterward and I would love it if you could join.

Photo by Emma Frisch
As I write this, I am sitting in my completely empty room in my old apartment, waiting for a final load of laundry to dry, so I can complete the move into my new apartment. One of my last pieces of mail was my final shipment of awesome shwag-- sports bras perfect for yoga from YogaOutlet.com! I refuse to post pictures of myself in aforementioned sports bras, but here's what they look like:

Marika (new favorite yoga brand) Seamless Double Strap Sport, photo credit yogaoutlet.com (facebook.com/yogaoutlet, @yogaoutlet)

New Balance's The Fabulous Framer, photo credit yogaoutlet.com (facebook.com/yogaoutlet, @yogaoutlet)
 I'd like to blame the challenge of accessing my packed clothes as I move for the fact that I have only worn these two bras for the past fews days... but the fact is that they are way too comfortable. For those of us with something substantial up front, it can be hard to find a sports bra that does it's job while letting you breath (key for yoga, duh). I'm tempted to wear these bad boys to sleep.

Without fear of sag-gage or discomfort, here's a sequence of just a few poses that I blatantly stole from Liz's class last night (although apparently she stole it in turn from Zainab...)!

  1. Start on back
  2. Twists from side-to-side
  3. Core Warm-Ups
  4. ~6 Sun Salutations
  5. Child's Pose
  6. ****FUN PART**** from child's pose, curl your toes under. Springing forward by pressing into the balls of your feet come directly into Chaturanga. Pressing into your hands, come back to Child's Pose with toes curled under. Move between these twos poses a few times.
  7. Child's Pose to hold
  8. Continue practice as you like!
  9. Savasana

Popular Posts