Can you date your yoga student? Or your yoga instructor?

I know I've been MIA for awhile, but I'm really hoping that there are still enough folks out there who read this and will write a response below. I've been polling my 8,000 yoga teacher lady friends, but I want to move this out to a farther pool of respondents. Trying to not show my opinion on the matter (I don't want to bias anyone, of course!) a series of open ended questions, that will hopefully get some open ended answers. I would be really appreciative to a single lined response to just one of the questions-- I don't expect any full blog post answers in response! Thanks in advance :)

To start off the most basic-- can you date one of your students? You pursue them, you ask them out, you go for it. Their posture might stink, they might be pigeon-toed, or duck footed, but they're a very nice person.

Go from there-- can you date your yoga teacher? Let's give out some options: you have lots of yoga teachers, you take just one's classes, you don't care if they talk too fast or stutter or talk about woo-woo things ("feel the flow of energy!") because they are a very nice person.

Now it get's trickier. You are already dating someone. Should they start coming to your classes? Might that affect the dynamic of the room in the same way as the first series of questions? And, of course, what happens if you break up? If things are amicable, can they keep coming to your classes?

And, finally, the sauciest. You don't want to date your yoga teacher/student. But some other, less entangled goings on might be lovely. Does that just fall in the same category as the first line of questioning as well?

Not to turn anyone one direction or the other, but my favorite friend response so far:

"Of course. How else am I supposed to meet anyone?"

I'll try and post more, promise.


Popular Posts