Book update!

And talking about being an English major, how's about a book update?

Of course, the second I make bold proclamations, the world does all sorts of things to say, "You really sure about this one, sweetheart?" I have a book I love called "How Yoga Works," by Geshe Michael Roach. In it, he writes, "When important things are about to happen, bigger problems come to try and stop them. This is a law of yoga, and a law of the powers that run our lives." I won't say what kept me from fully diving into the book was problems. Distractions is a better word.

I often talk about how I found the perfect job, it just doesn't pay a living wage. Well, right after I made my "I am making this book happen!" proclamation, I got more yoga jobs than I ever have in my life. Since this winter/early spring, I have been averaging about 12 classes a week. Sometimes as many as 14. Teaching this many classes takes energy, mental and physical.

So while the sequences have been coming in, I have been remiss in reviewing and practicing them. I also have been remiss in hounding my favorite bloggers to send me a sequence. So, that's where I am at now. In fact, you may have received an email from me recently. Or maybe one is coming soon.

I have set a deadline for receiving sequences for the fall of this year (fall in the U.S. not necessarily being the fall of the rest of the world...).  My class load goes way down starting this Friday. I have no more excuses and I need to stop making them. Now, your turn.

What important thing is happening in your life? What is stopping you from turning the key and getting things done?

Inspiration is very polite. She knocks softly and then goes away if we don't answer the door. ~ Mary Pipher

Popular Posts