10 Yoga Teacher Confessions


10 Yoga Teacher Confessions

Please, please don't hold these against me. 

1) If I read a quote from a book, I probably haven't actually read the book itself. More likely than not, someone else posted the quote on their blog or read it in their class, and I lifted it.
2) I think people don't look in the mirror to see if their pants are see-through. Yes, those black leggings are see-through. Yes, I can see your tushy.
3) Sometimes, I walk into class having only thought of a single pose I'd like to work up to. Sometimes, I walk in and have nothing planned. Often, the classes where I make everything up on the spot are the best classes, because they are about the student, and not about me and what I think they might want to do.
4) I could care less about your extra “chaturanga push-ups.” They are just push-ups. I'm not impressed. I'm not de-pressed. I just don't care.
5) I still want to write my yoga book, although I don't have the energy for it these days. I also worry that, after years of working on it, I just won't be able to get enough submissions to make it work.
6) I still hate asking for money for a yoga class.
7) I still really want my students to like me, which affects my teaching.
8) I no longer practice the style of yoga that I teach. While I still think it is exactly what a lot of people need, it isn't good for me right now. 
9) I really love my students, but I'm not sure I want to be their friends. Sometimes it works, sometimes they end up asking me out for a coffee date and then getting down on the floor to have me “quickly” check out their alignment. 
10) Sometimes, I would pay to not have to teach. That being said, once I start, I am so happy to be there.



Any other yoga teacher confessions out there? How about for yoga students?

Popular Posts