Things I Love: Friends, Sunshine, and Stand-Up Paddleboard Yoga Sequences

As a lead-up to my book coming out in less than a month (!!!), I'll be writing a series of blog posts about things I love. My life feels so incredibly and beautifully full right now. So full I'm not that great at keeping up with blog posts. I'll live the life I love... and then write about it in a mad catch-up dash when the weather turns.

These past couple of days I spent at a bachelorette party on Seneca Lake. We had homemade graham crackers and marshmallows made by the brilliant Emma Frisch, giggled around the campfire until the wee hours of the morning, and spent the following day playing on the lake. Part of that play time including yoga on Stand-Up Paddleboards (SUPs).

Photo credit: Hannah Volpi, master farm-to-tabler
We all fell off trying out things. The best part about trying new things on the board is that the worst thing that happens is you get wet. Which is the point anyway, right?

Here's a sequence of poses you can try on a board or on dry land. Good luck staying afloat!

  1. Child's Pose
  2. Cat/cow pose
  3. Downward Facing Dog 
  4. Plank
  5. Cobra
  6. Downward Facing Dog
  7. Plank
  8. Upward Facing Dog
  9. Flow through 6-8 (either with Upward Dog or Cobra) 3-6x.
  10. Standing Forward Fold
  11. Mountain Pose
  12. Slow, steady sun salutations: include knee down and knee up lunges, alternating the leg you step back with first. 6-12x.
  13. Warrior I. Repeat both sides. (Personal note: I found this the hardest pose of all to do-- harder than headstand!)
  14. Tree Pose. Repeat both sides.
  15. Child's Pose
  16. Bow Pose
  17. Supine Twists, repeat both sides.
  18. The Most Amazing Savasana EVER.
In the coming days and weeks, I'll feature products that have been sent to me recently and the sequences I love to do in them. Thanks for the awesome schwag, internet!

Popular Posts