Yoga and Sinus Pressure

When I have a cold, for example now, there are some things my body just does not want to do. For me, though, sinus issues do not necessary mean that I feel sick in the rest of my body. I still want to get my move on. Is yoga off the table? Never!


Here's some yoga that might take some of the pressure off.

Yoga and Sinus Pressure

As always, I ain't a doctor, nurse, and all of my anatomy has been taught to me by people that may never have taken a science course in their life, for all I know. I just know what feels good for me. If your brain feels like it may explode with pressure, please stop. Otherwise, enjoy!
  1. Tadasana
  2. Deep breaths in and out. If you cannot breathe through the nose, make a tight "O" shape with the mouth to inhale, and deep full relaxed exhales
  3. Sun breaths
  4. Ardha Chandrasana (Standing Half Moon, side stretch). Repeat other side
  5. Take hands to lower back for slight back bend
  6. Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
  7. Repeat on other leg
  8. Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II)
  9. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose). Take the head into a comfortable position. 
  10. Utthita Tadasana (Five pointed Star)
  11. Repeat steps 8-10 on other side
  12. Tadasana
  13. Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand). Hold for 3-5 minutes. Use bolsters and make into supported shoulder stand if desired
  14. Halasana (Plow pose). Hold for 1-2 minutes. Again, use props as desired. 
  15. Supine spinal twists
  16. Savasana

Popular Posts