Yoga for Sleeplessness

I, knock on wood, am a champion sleeper. My parents however...eh, not so much.  I worry sometimes that insomnia is in my blood for my future. Neither of my parents had any trouble sleeping before having children-- so of course maybe the real answer is never having children. Just in case I end up going that route (the baby route) I'm stocking up on sleep inducing sequences for those nights we all have every now and again when we start begging for sleep to come.

May you never need to use this sequence.
  1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
  2. Nadi Shodna Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing), 10-15 minutes
  3. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Fold)
  4. Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle)
  5. Forward fold in Bound Angle
  6. Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) Note: use lots of bolsters in necessary, as with all poses
  7. Janu Sirsasana (Seated Head to Knee Pose). Repeat other side
  8. Setu Bandhasana (Gentle Bridge Pose)
  9. Salamba Sarvangasana (Supported Shoulderstand)
  10. Viparita Karani (Legs up the Wall Pose)
  11. Savasana

Popular Posts